|| Lifestyle || 2020 to 2021

1/7/21

 


Truthfully 2020 started off strange for me as I found out that a friend of mine had passed from, I assumed was this new illness/virus that had been circling around in Asia which was later named COVID-19. I worked with her while I was in Japan for three months, we continued to speak through Instagram and it wasn’t until another coworker informed me that she had passed.
I was shocked and sadden had passed as she told me all of her plans- she wanted to become a flight attendant, visit me in the US, and even move to Hong Kong.


I never got to send all of those holiday cards I had written up and I can’t bring myself to throw them away. Occasionally I think of the phrase of
"Should of, Could of, Would of"

2020 was a bizarre and distorted year but it was also a year of suffering, change, and voices being heard for the United States as well as me stepping out of my shell.
2020 pushed me out of my comfort zone as a human being, as a woman, as a black woman.
2020 made me realize that hiding within my carefully crafted shell will not bring change.

Though I am limited in what I can do to make the change to be the change because there’s only so much of faking till you make it can do.
In 2020 this happened:
  • Carefully voiced my opinions in the political field.
  • Found my spark and began taking cosplay more seriously
  • Realized the power I have as a black woman
  • Wrote articles for a large gaming community & website
  • Reached (2) ko-fi goals
  • Built a gaming PC
  • Received the 1000Dreams Fund BroadcastHER grant
  • Picked up editing videos again
  • Paid off one student loan
  • Nearly reached my 2020 Instagram goal (goal reached 01/05/21)
  • Reached 1k supporters on Twitch
  • Switch my diet back to that of a Vegetarian & Pescatarian
  • Started on a media kit 
 
Now 2021 is a year with lingering chaotic energy from 2020 and I suppose we all should tighten our seatbelts and hold on.

But there is one thing that I’ve been omitting, New Year's resolutions, I think they’re pointless. Why wait until a new year to change yourself, to start things that you’ve been procrastinating on. Why wait until a new year, do those things now.

(I’m a huge procrastinator but I’ve been working on that)

For 2021 I can say all the things I want to do, to achieve but honestly, it’s all dependent on the world and it’s the ability to recover from COVID-19 (which is a travesty)
But in the coming weeks I will be gathering things for my imageboard, which is something that I created last year and it was super inspirational, but in regards to my 2020 imageboard it still fits for 2021 with very few changes
 
When I finally put it together I’ll be sure to post it on Instagram and possibly on Twitter!
 
Here’s to this chaotic year of 2021. * raises champagne glass*
 
 

© The Caffeinated Girl. Design by FCD.