|| Gaming || VGA 2019

12/27/19


Normally I'm not one for getting hyped over the Video Game Awards but being a streamer and a former GameStop employee I've been roped into the VGA awards.

I'm not gonna go into detail about everything that I saw in the stream but I'm going to focus more on things that I'm personally excited for.
 Humankind - I a huge fan of the Sid Meier games and this instantly gave me those vibes but with a different spin. Humankind is developed by Amplitude Studios, and published by SEGA. Amplitude Studios' main focus is on PC games and was recently purchased by SEGA in 2016, the studio made the games Endless Space & Endless Legend - which are all turn-based games.

One thing I will mention before I go back to the game - this studio was created by two former employees of Ubisoft; Mathieu Girard & Romain de Waubert de Genlis.

From the trailer, you are playing through the history of Humankind and essentially you are writing history as you see fit, I'm sure there are some limitations but I'm excited to get my hands on this either way.

Next on my list of things I wanted to see during the VGA was the newest trailer of Final Fantasy VII Remake. I already knew about this trailer as I follow the official FFVII R twitter page and well...they told us it was coming.


A friend of mine pointed out something during the stream of the VGAs was that in this specific trailer that was shown at the VGAs the footage was things that we had already seen before and that it was just in a different order.  Which is completely true, then again if you are constantly following/watching/listening/retweeting things on a specific game then yes the footage is repetitive.

But either way, I'm excited to get my hands on this game.

Another huge surprise was more video of one of my guilty pleasures and a favorite game series of mine No More Heroes 3. NMH3 is developed & published by Grasshopper Manufacture and you have seen at least one of their games ranging from Killer 7, Lolipop Chainsaw, Let it Die, Killer is Dead, Fatal Frame, etc.
There had been little to no information released about this game and the videos that have been released were misleading and I was reminded how meme-ish this game was. I will be getting my grubby hands on this game no doubt.

Another main reason as to why I watched the VGAs was to see more footage for the game called Ghost of Tsushima. I am a sucker for ancient Japanese history, ninjas, samurai, mythology, etc.  This game already has a good chunk of what I'm interested in so I needed to know more.

Ghost of Tsushima is developed by Sucker Punch Productions and produced by Sony Interactive Entertainment.

Finally, a game that I haven't heard much about caught my interest - Godfall. I knew nothing about this game but I was hooked as I watched the trailer. Godfall is/was developed by Counterplay Games and published by Gearbox Publishing

I know nothing about this game and yet I am excited to at least get my hands on it.


Overall, this year's VGA was decent, there were a lot of games that are highly anticipated and on the other hand, there were somethings that I could have done without but at the same time I can see why it was done especially with how E-sports is becoming a mainstream thing...but I digress.

I'm curious to see how next year's VGA will be especially because some of the bigger titles had been released this year (aka Death Stranding) or their trailers were revealed during the 2019 VGA.

© The Caffeinated Girl. Design by FCD.